(starts Tuesday 25th June 2019)
6 Week Course £54
with yoga teacher and mother Ruth
Come and have fun with your baby in a relaxed and supportive environment. All classes will be totally baby-led and relaxed, so all noises from baby are welcome! Feel free to feed and change as you need. Classes are suitable for babies aged 8 weeks (after postnatal GP check-up) until baby can crawl.
Baby yoga combines soft stretching inspired by traditional yoga poses to help support the development of babies and to aid relaxation and bonding. In a typical baby yoga class at Zest, parents can expect to learn baby yoga stretches, baby holds and swings, baby massage strokes, and relaxation exercises to practise with their baby. The classes will also combine some gentle postnatal yoga to help rebuild core strength and pelvic floor tone. Baby yoga classes are beneficial for all, so Dads are very welcome too. Alongside the yoga, you will get the chance to chat to other parents over a hot cuppa.
Benefits for parent:
- help to create a time away from everyday distractions to have fun and bond with your baby
- meet other parents
- relax and have fun
- boost mood through movement and touch, which help to release feel-good hormones in both parent and baby
- gently regain core strength and pelvic floor tone after birth
Benefits for baby:
- development of vestibular system (their sense of balance)
- development of proprioceptive system (their bodily awareness)
- development of muscle and bone strength through movement
- great opportunities for tummy time to strengthen back muscles
- development of coordination and sensory integration through stimulation and movement
- development of language and listening skills through songs, rhyme and communication with parent
- support digestive system through movement and help relieve wind pain
- can help to settle baby and improve sleep
- enjoy close physical contact with parent to soothe, relax and bond
Please note, there is a staircase at the studio and limited space for buggies, so please bring your baby in arms/ carrier/ car seat. Please bring all your usual changing/ feeding stuff as well as a blanket or towel to lay your baby on.
Hi, I’m Ruth and I teach Baby Yoga classes at Zest. I fell in love with Baby Yoga after taking my baby, Freddie, along to classes; I really enjoyed the quality time to bond with him and have fun, whilst also taking some time for some much-needed relaxation myself. I have been teaching Yoga since 2014 and really enjoy bringing a down-to-earth and relaxed atmosphere to my classes. My main aim is for my students to leave my class feeling better than when they walked in.